The following error is found when tyring to scp to a SPLAT unconfigured for it:
The authenticity of host ‘xx.xx.xx.xx (xx.xx.xx.xx)’ can’t be established.
RSA key fingerprint is 34:ff:52:0e:d6:57:53:12:d5:60:aa:7e:fa:e1:91:a8.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added ‘xx.xx.xx.xx’ (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
To resolve this alow SCP access with these steps:
- Create a dedicated user to scp (it is not recommended to change root or your admin account):
- Add a password for this user:
- Change user shell to bash
- Create scpusers file which allow SCP connection for listed users
- Edit the file and add the users you want to allow for scp
- Restart the ssh service
And that’s it. You can now transfer/retrieve files with SCP to/from SPLAT.